Saturday, September 17, 2022

09/17/2022 - Update: "Path to Damnation" now on Spotify

I said from the beginning that I wouldn't write here often…and here I am, close to a month after my last entry. But I do have some news…

"Path to Damnation", the opening track to my latest album (and the one I'm most proud of) Radical Christianity, is now out on both Spotify and YouTube music. This is definitely a milestone that I'm proud of. Previously, under my old instrumental solo project by the name of "71011-NINJER", I released a good chunk of my albums on Spotify before decided to take them down after committing to doing something else, and the process to take them down was very painful, and there's still one album on there that, on my RouteNote profile, is completely absent, implying it's taken down, but it's there on Spotify, it'll be there forever, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Amuse.io is very much a breath of fresh air, because the option to take down releases is built-in, whereas I had to email the RouteNote staff to delete all my albums. The process to release my music (for literally free) was very straightforward. As a matter of fact, I have another little announcement to make: my entire fourth album, Radical Christianity, is coming to not only Spotify and YouTube music but also Deezer, Tidal, Pandora, Apple Music, Amazon Music, and iHeartRadio. I'm very happy to be growing my platform and getting my music to places besides Bandcamp and BandLab.

In terms of music production, things are going well. As I'm living in a college dorm room, I obviously can't cut vocals. But I have the instrumentals of two albums all ready to go for when I return home for the holidays. In addition, I'm currently working on the instrumentals for a third album. I should definitely have a number of additional albums ready for vocals by the time I return home, but obviously I'm going to release them gradually instead of all at once. That's pretty much all I wanted to write about, thanks for reading.